- Should work in Novi, Michigan, and various unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. to perform vehicle integration of heavy commercial vehicles in the automotive industry
- Responsible for gathering requirements, collecting inputs, and engineering calculations and checklists
- Perform product feasibility study in the development of new variant design
- Develop conceptual layout with respect to customer requirements
- Perform system level review of DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and DVP&R (Design Verification Plans & Reports)
- Report generation using DMU (Digital Mock Up); (3) CATIA software OR AutoCAD software; and Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) preparation.
- Manage and report VA/VE cost-saving opportunities
- Investigate and make countermeasures for current production field issues
- Develop system and component level specifications
- Interface with the design office for 1st surface appearance and feasibility
- Should advance product quality planning
- Perform component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), and develop plans and reports.
- Involved in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Should be responsible for material procurement and follow-up, and product specification, engineering sketch, and layouts release in PLM
- Participate in proto build coordination.
- Responsible for vehicle testing co-ordination
- Coordinate with the client on pilot build and production (direct plant interaction)
Qualification & Skills:
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field
- In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field, plus five years of progressive post-bachelor’s degree with automotive engineering experience
- At least two years of the five years of progressive experience must include experience with the following: 2D and 3D CAD modeling; report generation using DMU (Digital Mock Up), CATIA or AutoCAD software, Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) preparation
- All experience may be acquired concurrently. We will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Travel and/or relocation may be required
Years of Experience:
- 3 years of automotive engineering experience or 5 years of progressive post-bachelor’s degree automotive engineering experience
Job Location: Novi, Michigan
No of positions: Multiple Positions
Please send in your resumes to Sudharsanan Padmanabhan at Sudharsanan.Padmanaban@hindujatech.com
Kindly indicate the reference code(s) with respect to your position of interest in your communication. REF#: HT04; EOE.