- Job Title : Lead Engineer(s) (Full time)
- Location: Novi, MI
Level of Experience:
- Should work in Novi, Michigan and various and unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. to utilize mechatronics engineering knowledge for vehicle product engineering ranging from Conceptual Design to Product Production.
- Create digital mockup using 3D CAD tools and create harness schematics and harness layout drawings using the Capital Harness application for Automotive Heavy Commercial Vehicles & Passenger Vehicles.
- Create 3D digital mockups of wiring harness using the 3D CAD tools and based on the 3D design.
- Perform the product feasibility study in the development of new variant introduction.
- Develop conceptual layout per customer requirements. Facilitate issue resolution between engineering and production.
- Provide input for design changes both early in the development process and after designs flow into the production.
- Interact with the suppliers for the development of new components. Performing DFMEA preparation for new product/parts, design verification and validation using DVPR and documentation.
- Perform Vehicle Schematics design and Vehicle Harness design. Conduct analysis for Harness cable voltage drops and sneak circuits.
- Wire Size and design specifications. Perform configuration for CAN and Gateway module. Supply interactions and coordinate development of Body Control Module, Gateway modules and similar modules.
- Involved in wire harness prototype development and validation in the vehicle.
- Worked with Electrical Component packaging in the vehicle to optimize space.
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or related field, plus two (2) years of automotive engineering experience.
- The two (2) years of automotive engineering experience must include experience with the following: (1) 2D and 3D CAD modeling; (2) creating the 3D digital mockups for the engine and body harnesses with CATIA V5 software; AND (3) utilizing CATIA V5 software in relation to electrical harness and electrical assembly workbenches
- In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or related field, plus five (5) years of progressive post-bachelor’s degree automotive engineering experience
- Two (2) years of the five (5) years of progressive automotive engineering experience must include experience with the following: (1) 2D and 3D CAD modeling; (2) creating the 3D digital mockups for the engine and body harnesses with CATIA V5 software; AND (3) utilizing CATIA V5 software in relation to electrical harness and electrical assembly workbenches. All experience must be acquired concurrently.
- Travel and/or relocation may be required
Please apply by emailing your resume to Sudharsanan Padmanabhan at Sudharsanan.Padmanaban@hindujatech.com; and please indicate the reference code HT01 in your communication. EOE.