- Job Title :Senior Engineer (Full Time)
- Location: Novi, MI
Level of Experience:
- Should work in Novi, MI and various and unanticipated locations through the US to provide design engineering support for automotive OEM and handle the research programs.
- Should work in Novi, Michigan and various and unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. to provide design engineering support for automotive OEM and handle the research programs.
- Core expertise with computational methods in engineering structural analysis coupled with product development.
- Support design areas with the guidance of design proposals, development of specifications, concept selections, Report NVH status at Project meetings and Design reviews, Planning, coordinating and executing CAE correlation testing.
- Conducting CAE model correlation to experimental data, calculate transfer path analysis, deciding CAE input load.
- Setting up the test plan and requirements for dyno and hammer tests, compiling all the LMS and B&K data for the development of CAE models and correlation.
- Numerical Validation of Automotive components and systems for NVH performance including Model Build, Normal Modes, Forced Frequency Response and Radiated noise.
- Take the full responsibility of vehicle performance like engine booming, rear diff noise, idle shake, body rigidity, seal out, propeller shaft booming.
- Numerically model the acoustic cavity and look for the resonance response.
- Calculate Interior booming sensation and perform tests in acceleration conditions. Prepare a waterfall analysis to determine patterns.
- Create and maintain technical specifications for the vehicle in Noise Vibration & Harshness requirements.
- Develop and execute testing and validation plans of the Vehicle with documentation via Testing Plans and specific DVP&Rs.
- Design and perform acoustic and vibration experiments in a testing lab and on the vehicle.
- Process and product development with continuous improvement using virtual analysis and design of experiment.
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field, plus one (1) year of automotive engineering experience with the following: (1) X-Pre, X-Post (2) ACX8 (3) LMS & B&K (4) MSC Nastran (5) Hyperworks, AND (6) Abaqus.
- In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or related field, plus five (5) years of progressive post-bachelor’s degree automotive engineering experience.
- One (1) year of the five (5) years of progressive automotive engineering experience must include experience the following: (1) X-Pre, X-Post (2) ACX8 (3) LMS & B&K (4) MSC Nastran (5) Hyperworks, AND (6) Abaqus. All experience may be acquired concurrently.
- Travel and/or relocation may be required. EOE.
Please send in your resume to Sudharsanan Padmanabhan at Sudharsanan.Padmanaban@hindujatech.com; and please indicate the reference code HT02 in your communication. EOE.