Industrial Designer [RRF/SBU/04208]
- Work on automotive design and engineering projects
- Work closely with client stakeholders to understand project requirements
- Prepare a project plan and schedule
- Present project plan to client stakeholder
- Responsible for implementing Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis PFMEA preparation for new products to identify and evaluate potential failures of the process
- Develop and implement plant layout as per customer standards and requirements
- Perform product feasibility study in the development of new variant introduction
- Initiate process improvements by studying the current process, identifying bottlenecks, performing root cause analysis, proposing new solutions, designing new proposals including jigs, fixtures, trolleys, process sheets, among others, preparing documentation, supporting part development team and vendors, and implementing solutions.
- Verify design and implement the proposed solutions in line for physical verification of design proposed and release the designs in the client systems
Job Requirements and Skills
- Must have a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, plus 3 years of automotive engineering experience as an Industrial Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Design Engineer, Senior Engineer, or related position
- As an alternative, Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, plus 5 years of progressive post-bachelor’s degree automotive engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of automotive engineering experience must include experience with the following:
– 2D and 3D CAD Modeling
– ENOVIA software or Team Center PLM software
– CATIA software or AutoCAD software
- Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
- All experience may be acquired concurrently.
Years of Experience:
- 3 – 5
Job Location: Gaffney, South Carolina
Academic Qualification: Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
No of positions: Multiple Openings